Friday, April 13, 2012

A bit of Irish Countryside

This year for Habitat for Humanity's fundraiser breakfast, seeing as it was near St. Patrick's Day, they wanted to do a pot of gold theme. At first I was stumped as to how I was going to pull this off without it being kitschy or cheesy. I opted to do something mossy. Something resonant of Irish Countryside with gold accents. 


We had so much fun creating these. I imagine the forest floor in Ireland looking just like these. I will be very much disappointed if, one day when I go there, it doesn't look like this.









Beauties, I tell you!

Ornamental Kale, Sponge Mushrooms, Sheet Moss, Maidenhair fern, Scabiosa Pods, Waxflower

Designers: Erika Eddington & Courtney Demmitt

And for the buffet table...







 Green Dendrobium Orchids, Ornamental Kale, Monstera Leaves, Maidenhair Fern, Curly Willow wrapped in gold wire.

Designer: Erika Eddington






No comments: